Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kendrick at 15 months

Kendrick turned 15 months last week. This boy is growing more and more mischievous and I admit there have been times that I've gotten upset at his mis-behaviour. But as always, I can't stay angry at him for long as he's very adorable in his little ways.

Well, at 15 months now, he's been able to say quite a few more new words like 'wain-ing' (raining), his own name 'ken-drick' or 'drick-drick', 'hello', 'ton' (button), 'draw', 'nitenite', 'tree', 'moon' etc. Most of these he recognises the items too. In terms of numbers, he also seems to recognise 1 to 4 as well as the number 8 which he always says. Guess that's his favourite number. Haha. Generally, there seems to be a lot more that Kendrick understands but I can't really recall what else. He likes to imitate words we say and I guess his words are picked up from there. Like because we tell him 'no' to things, he also says no even though he does things we don't want him too. When he playfully hit me or poked me and I said 'ouch', he actually said 'ouch' the next time he poked me! Can faint.... Basically, he understands most of our questions and is able to respond accordingly as long as he is not being mischievous. Kendrick also recognises photos of himself and most of our family members.

He's been playing with his magnetic doodle board for a while now so he can do a bit of simple doodling on his own. On this note, I wonder if he will end up being a lefty or righty. Sometimes he holds the pen with his right hand, but sometimes he also switches to his left hand...hmmm...


During the recent Good Friday and Easter Weekend, I had a long weekend break with an additional day off that my company had effected. So we took the opportunity to bring Kendrick on outings again.

Downtown East - eXplorerKid: First time there for all of us so we signed up as members and Kendrick had a good time playing at the toddler play area, as well as the adventurous playground/gym


Kendrick attempts to make his way down this tunnel
The Cheek-y pose (pun intended)
Some rock climbing with the help of Papa
On Good Friday, we headed to Sentosa mainly for the Underwater World. It's been a few years since I've been to Sentosa so we thought it was a good idea to check it out. Unfortunately, Kendrick kinda misbehaved later in the afternoon. He was fretting a lot firstly because he wanted me to carry him, then later he wanted to walk when we didn't want him to, so he got upset and cried. His tantrum throwing behaviour got me really tired and we headed home by 3pm...which was also good as it rained shortly after we left...

Still looking bright and cheery on our tram ride


Kendrick wants to touch the starfish too!



Then on Saturday, we brought Kendrick for his MMR jab in the morning. He cried a little when the jab went in but the crying stopped soon enough. At this check, Kendrick weighed 10.9kg and is 81.5cm tall. Quite a good height and weight combo to be in the 75th percentile. In the evening, we had dinner with my extended family, partially to celebrate my birthday as well.


Well, the long weekend was nice as we could spend more time doing things together and we certainly hope Kendrick enjoyed himself somehow :)