Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

HFMD

It's been quite a while since I blogged about my dear Kendrick's development. I guess it's the lazy Mommy effect at work! Nevertheless, now that I'm doing so, I'm sad to say that Kendrick is down with HFMD! It started last Friday night when I suddenly noticed the spots on the palms of his hands while brushing teeth for him. I checked his feet too and saw a couple more spots and immediately, I suspected it might be HFMD. That night felt terrible as I was rather worried, so couldn't sleep well either. The next day, we brought him to the PD and she verified it was indeed HFMD. There was nothing much we could do except to let the virus run its course. If he had fever, then just give him fever medicine. He had 1 mouth ulcer at that point of checking, so hopefully it does not get too bad in the next few days.

Generally, I would say Kendrick's situation seem fairly mild. Yes, he has rashes on his hands and feet, but not much fever and he's quite cheerful, playing his toys etc. The only difficult part is for us as Parents to help keep things clean. We had to clean up this toys and also constantly ensure that we wash our hands and keep hygienic if we touch him or the things that he played with. Thankfully, I have some friends who experienced this with their kids, so got some advice from them as well! Gosh...couldn't quite believe that I have to go through this. But with kids, I guess anything can happen?!

Well, I really hope that Kendrick will recover fast... I really long to hug and kiss him and tell him everything's going to be ok! It's so painful to have to restrain some of this closeness for the time being...especially when Kendrick wants to hug me voluntarily.... :(

Kendrick, we'll fight this virus together! Mommy and Daddy love you lots....