Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Baby #2 is on the way :)

Finally I have time to upload this entry about my baby #2...At first I was waiting for my first trimester to be over. Then after that, things got a little busy but finally, I decided that I should really take some time to blog about it.

Well, as at now, I'm about 17 weeks pregnant and this baby will be due in mid March 2011. I really thank God for this blessing which finally came in June. We've been trying for slightly less than a year for this second child. In the process, I've consulted my gynae a few times and also went on a very short TCM treatment. Which was why I could not quite believe it when I finally got pregnant. We were really happy and all I could think about was that the baby be healthy and strong with a heartbeat.

My first trimester this time was a little bit worse than the last time. I had more nausea and was sensitive to more food. There was always this taste in my tongue which I really disliked. I also started to have insomnia around 8 weeks into pregnancy. That was a real torture not to be able to sleep in the early morning. Actually till now, I would say I have not had really good sleep in the longest time. I still wake up at least once to pee at night and at times will be awake for a good 1 hour before falling asleep again. However, like the last time, I do not really have any particular food cravings and can generally eat better, even in the first trimester. Now that I've moved into my second trimester, things are certainly much better. The funny taste in my mouth is gone and my appetite has also improved a lot. Burping is also something which is consistent to my last pregnancy. I also started to feel some very slight spurts of movement from my baby since last week. It's a matter of time I'll start feeling the baby kicks more surely and that's something I really liked :)

Anyway, I'm now looking forward to the next appointment where hopefully I'll be able to confirm the gender of baby #2 :)

My first scan at 5 weeks+ where the pregnancy sac can be seen. Baby is just a small little bean

At 7 weeks, baby has grown more now. We also heard the heartbeat

At 11 weeks, baby is suddenly so big already. We saw the baby move about quite a lot when the doctor was doing the scan :)

At close to 16 weeks, we wanted to see if we can identify the gender, but baby was in a sitting position so it was not obvious yet!