Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 5, 2008

After a week at work

Went back to work on Monday and that was the first day that Kendrick started going to my parents in law place for the day till evening. That first day was most unbearable. I still remember Kendrick happened to sleep quite long through the night and just as I was about to be ready at close to 8am, he suddenly stirred to wake. However, as he was not fully ready to wake and he suddenly heard my parents in law come in and talk to him, he started to cry as if stunned. Took him a while to calm down. You can imagine how heart pain I was to leave the house. While his grandpa carried him, I waved goodbye to him and Kendrick looked sad. As if I was throwing him aside! During lunch, I called my parents in law to find out how was Kendrick and was told that they had great difficulty bathing him as he cried terribly and refused to stay in the bathtub. He also did not want to sleep in the room. Then they tried putting him in the hall and he got better. Nevertheless, the first day seemed traumatic for him as it was a big change from his usual routine with me. Hearing all of that made me even sadder, but I could only look forward to going back home after work. And indeed, being the first day at work, I left pretty on the dot. Glad that he still smiled at me when he saw me, but I could tell that he was quite tired. When Dear and I brought him home after dinner, he was indeed really sleepy.

Well, the rest of the week got better with each day. Kendrick actually adapted quite well to the change after about 2 - 3 days. By the 4th day, he was pretty much ok already, quite comfortable staying at his grandparents home in the day and coming back home to play with Daddy and Mummy at night. I admit that it was quite tiring. Somehow, I felt really sleepy by the time Kendrick had to sleep after his last feed and thus hit the sack the moment Kendrick did. At least he woke around 5 plus or 6 plus in the mornings so far, so I managed to catch some 5 - 6 hours of sleep in a stretch.

You can imagine how much I looked forward to the weekends so that we can rest and relax with him and have more personal time with him. So thus, this is the first weekend with Kendrick after going back to work. He is still as cheerful, lovely and adorable! Love him so much!!