Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Going back to work

How time flies. My maternity leave ends this week and I will back to work next Monday on 31 Mar 2008. How sad I am to be away from Kendrick the whole day! I think I have been feeling the blues this week knowing that a change in lifestyle will soon be a reality. The lifestyle of looking after Kendrick daily had gone by so fast. There's so much more that I want to talk to him and teach him as he develops. But I guess I can only do this at nights after work. I wonder if he will change much with his grandparents looking after him??! Not that I'm not appreciative of them looking after my baby, it's just my own concern whether they will be able to properly take care of him in the manner that I would. Maybe I'm just being a bit of a perfectionist here. I know many people say that with others looking after your child, you just have to "close one eye, open one eye" unless it's something seriously wrong. I just hope that I can adapt to it. A friend also told me the first week of work will be most unbearable as I will keep thinking of my baby and find it hard to concentrate on work. I truly think so...being with Kendrick is like a drug...you just can't get enough of him! :)

Anyway, with each week, we discover new things about Kendrick. The talkative part still exists, with him baby-talking to people whenever his attention is caught. Now new words/sound that he is making include some "ohm" like thing. He also sticks his tongue out alot. And when we actually let him freely suck his hands, it's so loud like it's so darn delicious!! Cannot understand why babies are so fascinated with sucking their fingers!!

Ok, here's some new photos to update...