Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Feeling happy!

We visited the gynae this morning for our monthly appointment and was very happy to know that baby is growing well. Dr. Goh was commenting that my weight gain seems a bit on the excessive side, which surprised me, as I thought my weight gain was considered quite slow. Perhaps I was wrong? Anyway, before I was preggie, I was about 51kg and today, I measured about 56.2kg. Anyhow, he just told me that weight gain is even faster at the later stage.

During the ultrasound scan today, Dr. Goh measured the head length, head circumference and abdomen of baby and said all was ok. As a result of these calculations, he mentioned that baby now weighs about 315g, also all normal. The next thing he did was then to try to show us the gender of baby. Dr. Goh had to try a few angles before we finally saw....well, actually I did not what to look at, but Dr. Goh indicated the little 'birdie' and told us that we are having a baby boy!! Haha....Dear and I were a little unconvinced, as we somehow thought we would be having a girl. Dr. Goh seemed quite certain that it was a boy though, as he tried to show us again. Well, for now, we will take it as so! We should be going for a detailed scan in 2 weeks time to further confirm this and also check out other aspects.

So we left the clinic, feeling pretty happy and excited that we finally know our child's gender :) Another thing that I'm really happy about is that in the last 2 days or so, I began to feel baby movements in my tummy! It started out as a sudden slight movement I felt in my lower tummy area. It did not happen that often, but today, while I was watching TV, I felt quite a few kicks! Feeling really excited, I got Dear to put his hand on my lower tummy to feel too and he felt it too! So I guess that's what it feels like. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it's like something 'jabbing' gently in your stomach. Really quite an amazing feeling, especially for a first time mummy :)

Ok, looking forward to buying some baby stuff already :)