Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Baby is facing down

We went to see the gynae yesterday for our monthly check up and I'm glad to see that our little one is facing downwards, according to the ultrasound scan. Dr Goh did the usual checks on measuring the head circumference and body measurements. At this stage where I'm about 31plus to 32 weeks, baby weighs about 1.96kg. According to Dr Goh, that's ok and normal. As for me, I've put on a bit more weight again. Now weighing about 63 kg plus. Added another kg from the last month. Anyway, the happy thing to know was that baby's head is down in the right position, so thank God for that. Could see baby moving during the scan too :)

However, there are also other things that I have to be aware of. Took a finger blood test to check glucose and haemoglobin level. It turns out that my haemoglobin level dropped slightly from the very last time I did a blood test. Doc only said I had to make sure I take my iron supplements, which I have been doing so every day. Perhaps baby has been taking a lot more iron from me. As for glucose level, I'm also a little bit on the high side, so have to watch a bit of my diet, not too much carbo and sugary stuff. I guess I'm most concerned about this, so really hope that I can maintain an acceptable sugar level for the rest of the term. Finally, Dr Goh also did a vaginal swab for me. This was to check for a form of bacteria infection. If present, I would need an antibiotics during labour and delivery, while my child would have to have some antibiotic jab after birth as well. Gosh....again just pray that God will see me through and that it will not be present...I guess even if it is, will just have to do according to what the doctor advises.

Well, overall, getting excited and nervous as the weeks go by... also trying our best to buy whatever else that is needed to be bought!