Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Pain relief ?

Attended the 4th session of the antenatal class this weekend without hubby. Instead my mummy accompanied me. It was back to lecture style this week and the session focused on the labour process again and also pain relief options. At the end, there was even a short video clip that showed the delivery of a baby! Errm...haha..must admit quite gross! Think everyone in the room were like...yikes...haha... Have to get myself to not think too much and just trust God that things will be fine when it comes to my turn.

Anyway, was talking to some friends this week at work and some topics that was shared about include pain relief options. There were some people that went for epidural right away, while some took it only when they could not bear the pain anymore. I did mention previously that I think I would have epidural as an option as I seriously do not know my threshold of pain. But after attending the class today, again I feel a bit hesistant about wanting to take epidural as an option. The process itself also seems so scary...haha....

Gosh, really admire those mums that did not take it. I have a colleague with 3 kids and she did not take any epidural for all 3. Bravo! Sometimes, I wonder could it be that we are so educated to believe that this is the best way out of pain? I mean, look at our mums who certainly did not take such stuff in the past when they delivered us. How did they bear with it?! Sigh...but to be honest, anything can happen during the labour stage. Will have to experience it to know what to do I guess!

Baby...it's all for you! Even my stretch marks on my thigh/butt area which really bothers me! Sob Sob...It's still all for you......looking forward to meeting you....