Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Mixed feelings

Went to see my gynae yesterday morning. About my bladder being pressed issue, he reassured me that it's part of the process of the expanding uterus and my discomfort should get better by 4th or 5th month. I certainly hope so. Anyway, after this visit, I'm having mixed feelings because firstly, I did not seem to put on much weight, so I find that a bit strange. Gynae did not highlight it to be a problem though. On doing the ultrasound scan, so glad to see baby grown again. :) This time we were able to make more shape of the baby. From the head to the hands to the legs. We could see that it was in a position where the hands were over its body and legs covering its genital area. Haha...so still don't know gender yet. Baby measures about 9.13cm now which is roughly about 15 weeks. Wonder if you can make out the shape in the shot below? :)


Another mixed feelings that overcame me was because the gynae noted that my placenta looked a bit low at the moment. He told me not to worry, as it has possibility of moving higher as the baby grows and uterus expands. At first I was not quite sure of the implications of this, but I went back and read up some information and understood. Well, in the worse case scenario, there's this pregnancy complication called Placenta Praevia, where the placenta is in the lower segment of the uterus and covers part or all of the cervix. Bleeding may be a symptom of this especially in the later stage. Ultimately, it also means that only caesarean section is possible for the baby to be born. However, the info that I read up also stated that at the early stage, it is almost certainly not Placenta Praevia, because as the baby grows, the expanding uterus naturally pulls away from the cervix. So there's still hope. For the knowledge of some, I thought I'd just share this picture...

Source: Babycentre.co.uk

Finally, we also did the antenatal blood test and triple test procedure in this visit. This requires drawing of blood which was just slightly painful. Guess the poking wasn't done too well as my arm is a little bruised in colour due to slight blood clot. Anyway, hope that results turn out good for us.

With all these in mind, I will still remain optimistic and really pray that as I progress along, I will continue to have a smooth pregnancy. Must have faith that all will turn out well.... Dear Dear also tries his best to encourage me. Well, grow well babe, mummy and you will be fine...