Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 15, 2007

My Journey Began

The discovery of my motherhood journey began officially on 26 May 2007 when we went to a gynae to confirm my pregnancy. Well, before that we actually did our own home pregnancy test and it showed a positive. Not really believing it to be so, we also went to a normal GP for urine test. Again, positive. For the record, we conceived in April, but it's interesting not to feel anything until around the 5th - 6th week.

I guess the feeling was great at that point in time. Interesting, nervous, exciting and quite unbelievable! I was really thankful to God for this blessing that came half unexpectedly. You could say we were trying, but at the same time leaving it to the right time for things to happen. In any case, I was also getting a little nervous, not knowing what to expect for the next 9 months ahead!

Anyway, the first official trip to the gynae gave us the opportunity to first see the pregnacny sac, confirming that yes, the baby is there and existing! So small, but so interesting...:) You can see our first ultrasound picture below..can you spot where is the sac? :) We shared this joyous news with our family and decided to keep it as that for the time being. I was after all, only about 7 weeks pregnant at that point. We will be expecting a Jan 2008 baby (most probably for now at least based on the EDD), so still in time for the year of the Pig.

Well, from here on, my journey began...