Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 15, 2007

Check up at 27+ weeks

Went to see Dr. Goh for my monthly checkup this morning. Today I went on my own as Dear was not able to take the morning off. Well, as usual I got to see baby when he did the ultrasound scan. This time, can see that baby has grown bigger again and as Dr. Goh measured, baby is estimated around 1.3kg already. As for me, I've already put on about 10kg to date. That's just slightly above average according to the doc. I also highlighted to Dr. Goh that I seem to have some slight whitish discharge lately and he suggested doing some form of test the next month to check for some form of infection. He had a term for it, but I can't remember it coz' the medical term sounded a bit cheem. Anyway, according to him, it may mean that some form of antibiotics may be needed during labour if it is anything serious. Oh gosh, I certainly hope it's nothing much! But the test that he suggested doing seems a bit like pap smear, where I think he will need to get some vaginal swap. Sounded a bit intimidating, but he assured that it will be fine, not painful. Guess I can only wait till then to know....... : |