Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Having Preggie friends

Found out this week that another friend of mine is also pregnant and will be due sometime in Apr 2008. Really happy for her and found it all so interesting that I would then have another friend to talk about preggie stuff, in addition to Tracy whom I've been getting tips from :) Oh ya, thanks Evonne for tipping us off about this free baby journal set that the National Library is giving out. Well, next time our kids will all be around the same age so they can play together when we meet up. He He...

Also in office, here and there I've had the opportunity to talk to quite a few mothers on their experiences and picked up some further tips. Actually, for some of my current colleagues, I find it quite amazing that they have like 1 or 2 kids already. They certainly do look quite young! Since becoming pregnant, I really think that it's best to try starting a family when young if possible. The journey is pretty long and imagine after having your first one, you still need to spend some time with the child before you start on the next one and so on. Soon the process will repeat and gosh...it will be another 9 month pregnancy journey ok!!

Anyway, I shall not think too far first. This weekend Dear and I attended our second antenatal class. This session taught us about the right standing and sitting posture, and also various exercises to strengthen the abdominal, pelvic and calf muscles. The physiotherapist then got the class to try out the exercises while she came round to check if we were doing it right. Was a little bit tiring on the thighs for me as some of the exercise require bending of the knees. Well, I guess I will have to try my best to do these exercises regularly!