Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 23, 2007

37 weeks.....

We went for our weekly check up again on Saturday and this week, I did not seem to put on weight. Still weighing in at 66.4kg. Dr. Goh was wondering if I was not eating much or something, but he did a check on baby anyway. Well, baby is still not engaged yet, though his head is still down. So Dr. Goh commented that it's still likely to be a Jan 08 baby at this stage. Checking on the measurements, baby is estimated to weigh about 3 - 3.1kg now. His heartbeat is still beating strong and I can still sense his movement pretty often. So that's good. I guess it's a matter of waiting and counting down from now on...anytime baby is engaged, Dr. Goh was saying that I could go into labour within 1 - 2 weeks. Back at home, we decided that we will wait till we know baby is engaged before laying out the baby cot sheet and setting up the fan for the room etc.

Well, it's the Christmas week coming up...let's hope that I can get through this week fine. I've so far experienced a bit of Braxton Hicks contractions in the last week. This was when I had some form of cramp like feeling for a short while on 2 days. It was still bearable, so certainly cannot imagine the real contractions that comes frequently next time...must be really painful! Anyway, let's take each day as it comes...