Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Baby's growing fast and I'm aching!!!

Went to the gynae for my check-up again on Saturday. Now at about 33+ to 34 weeks, I weighed about 65kg. Well, Dr. Goh thinks I'm a little overweight already, but he didn't ask me to cut my diet either. Anyway, with the usual check up, we were able to see baby again :) This month, Dr Goh estimates with the ultrasound measurements that baby weighs about 2.5kg. Again, he said it's ok, normal growth. Baby was still facing down, but his face was at a certain angle, so not totally engaged yet either. Dr Goh assured that there was still time for the baby to still move or turn. Oh well, better be a good boy son!! I also asked him if there was any change to my EDD and he commented that the first ultrasound scan was still the most accurate, so at this stage, still likely to be around 10 - 11 Jan 08.

We also got the results of my vaginal swab test I did the last visit. Thank God that I don't have the Strep B bacteria thing, which would have required antibiotics when delivering. However, I did have some form of fungus, which Dr Goh said it's quite normal. He applied a little bit of medication into the vagina area (which was a little bit painful!) and said that I would have some form of whitish discharge over the next few days. With some constant sanitation wash, I should be fine. Nothing serious.

I'm soon approaching the end stage of my pregnancy already as my visit to Dr Goh will next be 2 weeks later followed by weekly! Somehow, the changes to my body do come quite suddenly. Like on Saturday, I started to have the back pain again, around the lower part of my butt when I walked or lay down in certain positions. The pain could be quite acute at times too and I suddenly felt very heavy....walking is certainly getting quite tiring. My feet are also starting to swell just slightly...can see that they look a little bit bloated and sometimes, it would hurt a bit when walking. Gosh...no wonder the last stage can be quite the worse....haha....Well, all for the sake of baby like I always say...mothers are so "wei da" right? :) But a supportive hubby also helps tremendously :)