Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 6, 2008

39 weeks

Went to see Dr. Goh again on Saturday morning and this week, I gained only about 100g, now at 67kg. Told the doc about the occasional cramps I experienced this week, but he noted that it was not regular, so not likely to be contractions. He did the ultrasound scan again and this time it showed that baby is engaged already. According to Dr Goh, his head is lower again, so it's considered around 2/3 engaged or something. At this stage, he said any weight estimation would not be very accurate, so I'm still guessing that baby may end up around 3.1-3.2kg ultimately. Water bag fluid still seems adequate and heartbeat still going strong. So again, it's back to the waiting game! If nothing happens again this week, we would have to go back to see him on 11 Jan. We were also asking Dr. Goh when was the latest that baby could be due and he did mention that even 1 week after the EDD was possible. But we certainly hope it's not that long actually!

Anyway, then on Sunday early morning, I started to feel some cramp like feeling again from 6am onwards till about 8plus. When I finally did wake up, I went to poo poo and saw a very slight tinge of blood. That got me a little nervous and it might mean the 'show' could be dislodged in time! However, so far on further observation, there was no more blood, so again, feel a little uncertain about what it could mean. I guess I can only take each day as it comes now and pray that I will be able to handle the labour process! To be honest, as I read more and more articles on labour and delivery, it all feels so scary! But yet, so many women have gone through it before, so I have to believe that I can as well....just hope to cope by the time it happens...

Baby..when do you want to be born??!