Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 6, 2008

I think I'm feeling the onset of labour....

I mentioned in my earlier blog entry that I seem to be getting some form of cramps today...but guess what, from afternoon till late afternoon onwards, and especially in the evening, the menstral like cramp feeling have been pretty regular! Every 5-10 min, I could feel the pain that seemed to last between 15-30sec. When having dinner with my whole big family to celebrate my 2 cousins' birthday, the pain still existed. Could not really enjoy the meal as a result. Back at home, I checked and noticed some dark brown discharge that came slightly.

Quickly called Dr. Goh to find out whether if I should consider admitting to hospital already. He advised that unless there is bleeding together with the regular contractions, then I should go to the hospital. Otherwise, I should see him tomorrow morning. This is so surreal! Can't believe that our baby may just be delivered tomorrow or even the day after tomorrow possibly!

Back at home, Dear and I have packed up our bags ready to go to the hospital anytime. He's taking urgent leave tomorrow while I told my boss that I may start my maternity leave tomorrow already. To be honest, at this stage, I realise that it is very likely that I will take an epidural jab. This beginning cramps can be quite a pain, though I'm still able to tolerate them. If it's any more intense, I'm really not sure how I will be able to handle it...

Gosh...still can't really believe this is really happening!!