Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Kendrick comes home!

This morning we were informed by the nurse at Mt. A that the doctor has checked on Kendrick this morning and his jaundice level had gone down to 9.8, so we could bring him home already. Really thankful for that, so off we went to bring him home. So far these 2 days, Dear and I have made about 3 trips down to check on him and breastfeed him. Once on Friday evening and twice on Saturday. I suppose some people may say that during confinement, I should just stay at home and rest, but seriously, I could not stick to that totally. I felt that it was pretty essential that we go have a look at him and try to continue latching him on. Even seeing him for a short while felt very good.

Of course, with him being not around, I got to rest a bit more these 2 days...more peaceful sleep that is! But with him coming home,
it was such a happy feeling again. We bathed him when he got home and this time, he opened both his eyes to observe us after his shower :) So cute..hehe.. And this time, me, Dear and my mother-in-law all caught him smile for a short while! :)

Here's a picture of him where we managed to catch him smiling after we cleaned up his poo poo!