Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Time flies when you have your little one...

I can't believe that Kendrick is already 3 weeks old and next week, we will be celebrating his first month! So far, each day has settled into some sort of routine. In the mornings, his feed at around 6am plus would more or less wake me up for the day already. After that feed, he would either nap for a short while or remain awake for his morning walk downstairs to get some sun. I really hope that Kendrick's jaundice is improving, though I still see some yellow tinge on his face. Wonder what else can I do! Besides giving him water, sunshine and hopefully the right way of breastfeeding, I really do not know what else can be done. Can only pray that the jaundice will not remain that long...sigh.

Anyway, spending lots of time with Kendrick has sort of given me more confidence in looking after him and at this stage. I enjoy the moments when
he is awake and looking around curiously at the world around him. I think he can sort of recognise my voice or face. There are times whenever I call him and smile and laugh, he will respond with a smile in return. That feels really sweet :) Of course, he has his 'pattern' too. Whenever he is hungry, he starts making this 'eh eh' sound as a start. But as he gets more agitated and impatient, it leads to a cry and his feet will be like stomping frantically, while his hands wave about. Very funny scene and I can't help wondering if all babies behave in a similar manner?? Or is it that my boy is the impatient sort! His rooting action towards the breast whenever he is hungry is also pretty amusing...coz even when his Dad carries him, sometimes he does that!!

Ok, here's some of the latest photos of Kendrick...